Wearable World has teamed up with our friends at Dealmaker Media for a contest give away! Win a Misfit Shine and a free ticket to this summer’s GROW Conference in beautiful Whistler, BC, August 20-22.
To win, we’re looking for some smart people to weigh in on some key issues that we’ll be discussing this year.
All you have to do is choose one question below and share your thoughts on it in the comment section:
1. Will wearables evolve from being an entry point to a software based service and how?
2. What does context-aware computing mean for privacy?
Share your ideas, tell us what you think, and you could win the Shine and the free pass to GROW!
We’ll announce the winner in one month, on Friday July 4 at 12 noon. All of your comments will be read by us at Wearable World and we’ll pick and announce the lucky winner.
GROW: Living in a Connected World
August 20-22, 2014 – Whistler, BC — www.growconf.com
GROW explores the future of innovation, growth and entrepreneurship and unites leading tech entrepreneurs, investors, executives, and creatives from Silicon Valley and across North America who are passionate about ‘What’s Next.’
As our world gets more connected, we are experiencing a massive explosion of data being generated by wearables and smart devices. By 2020, some 26 billion “things” will be connected to the Internet generating deep insights for marketers in turn offering a more personalized customer experience. Early adoption will be driven by industries ranging from wearables, data, health and fitness, to smart homes, cars, retail and payments.
- 1000+ innovators exploring how data, devices and things will create a more personalized customer experience.
- Outdoor fitness challenges testing the latest activity trackers and heads up displays
- Game of Drones – bring your RC Helicopter or Drone and join the fun.
- Gondola Talks with founders, partners and investors
- Private technology showcase for the Whistler business community (Mountain, Resort, Hotels, Retailers, Bars/Restaurants, property owners)
- Turn Whistler into a “living labs” for connected devices and make it the first “connected resort in the world”
Matt Grob, CTO & EVP, Qualcomm
Chris O’Neill, Global Business Operations, Google Glass
Rafe Needleman, Editorial Director, Yahoo Tech News
Mark Oleson, Director, Product and Innovation, Under Armour
Mark Gainey, Co-Founder and CEO, Strava
Seth Combs, CMO & Co-founder, Sol Republic
Jonathan Harris, VP Worldwide Sales, GoPro
Charles Hudson, Partner, SoftTech VC
Christine Herron, Partner, Intel Capital
Renee DiResta, Principal, OATV
Dan Eisenhardt, CEO, Recon Instruments
Kanishk Parashar, Founder & CEO, Coin
Sonny Vu, Founder & CEO, Misfit
Kevin Talbot, Managing Partner, Relay Ventures
Isaiah Kacyvenski, Head of Sport Segment, MC10
Bonin Bough, VP of Global Media and Consumer Engagement, Mondelēz International
Rob Coneybeer, Managing Director, Shasta Ventures
Jeff Hagins, Founder & CTO, SmartThings
Robert Daley, CEO, 4moms
Jack Young, Director of Qualcomm Life Fund, Qualcomm Ventures
Porter Gale, Author (former VP Marketing, Virgin America) portergale.com
Katherine Barr, GP, Mohr Davidow Ventures
Christian Sanz, Founder, CEO, Skycatch